Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
April 10: Books I Loved but Will Never Re-Read (submitted by Brandyn @ Goingforgoldilocks)
These are books I got from the library, and probably won’t purchase or check out again. Probably, but who knows?
1. Meet Cute; Jennifer Armentrout. Cute, but not substantial.
2. In Real Life; Cory Doctrow & Jen Wang. It was cute, but pretty light, a re-read wouldn’t find something new.
3. Turtles all the Way Down; John Green. Somehow, the characters didn’t speak to me enough.
4. The Mountain Between Us; Charles Martin. Read to go with the movie, but neither really spoke to me.
5. The Portable Dorothy Parker; Dorothy Parker. Though I like all her work, it turns out her poems speak to me far more.
6. The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet; Reif Larsen & Ben Gibson. A bit slow.
7. Word by Word; Kory Stamper. Cool and informative, but not so much I’d reread.
8. Just Mercy; Brian Stevenson. A good, but rather sad read.
9. Annihilation; Jeff VanderMeer. Too creepy for a reread.
10. Princeless; Jeremy Whitley. Later comics let me down, so I won’t keep reading–or go back.