Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
May 29: Bookish Worlds I’d Want to/Never Want to Live In
A lot of book worlds are scary, but some are fascinating.
Want to Live In
- Beta. Louis McMaster Bujold. Space! There’s all sorts of cool technology and multiple planets to visit.
2. Discworld. Terry Practhett. There’s so much strange magic there.
3. Expanse. In the time after the big danger has passed–there’s so many world to explore!
4. Tortall. Tamora Pierce. Definitely only in certain kingdoms and times, but it’d be amazing to see all the magic.
5. Pern. Anne McCaffrey. Sure, there’s a killer star dropping Thread on the planet, but… dragons!
Never Want to Live In
6. Hunter. Mercedes Lackey. Lots of monsters, and not so good protection.
7. Illuminae’s various worlds. Amie Kaufmann & Jay Kristoff. Sure, it’s also in space, but there’s so much creepy bureaucracy happening.
8. The Others. Anne Bishop. I would probably get eaten.
9. Ready Player One. Ernest Cline. All the tech in the world can’t sell me on this wasted future Earth.
10. Word$. Gregory Katsoulis. It’s dang expensive, when you’re charged for every word you speak.