Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
June 12: Books That Awaken the Travel Bug In Me.
- Half of a Yellow Sun; Chimamanda Adichie. Even in tough times, the country sounds spectacular.
2. The Bear & the Nightingale; Katherine Arden. Russia is dangerous in the winter, but still beautiful.
3. Murder on the Orient Express; Agatha Christie. An opulent train ride is the way to go, as long as no one dies.
4. Anna and the French Kiss; Stephanie Perkins. Paris seems lovely, with or without a romance.
5. Harry Potter. Can we travel to the HP world for real? No? I’d settle for England.
6. A Town Like Alice; Nevil Shute. Not the first place traveled to, but Australia is described in such glowing terms.
7. All The Crooked Saints; Maggie Stiefvater. This particular magical Colorado isn’t real, but real Colorado is plenty magical.
8. Wild; Cheryl Strayed. I wouldn’t want to make that whole walk, but the landscape sounds lovely.
9. Around the World in 80 Days; Jules Verne. I wouldn’t want to be rushed, but wouldn’t it be wonderful to travel the whole world?