Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
June 25: Series I’ve Given Up On/Don’t Plan to Finish (Submitted by A Book and a Cup)
This is a tough one! I don’t track this information, but I hunted down some examples.
- Hazel Wood; Melissa ALbert. It was so pretty, I ignored the mixed reviews. They were earned.
2. Big Rock, Lauren Blakely. Looked like the start of a cute romance series, but was really sexist.
3. Dragon Tattoo; Steig Larson. It took some effort to disengage from the mystery, but these books are just too dark.
4. Time Quintet; Madeline L’Engle. I decided to re-read some of these, and read the rest, but they go downhill from book one. I’ll stick with that one.
5. Throne of Glass; Sarah Maas. I liked the idea of this, but I found all the love triangles annoying.
6. Harry Hole; Jo Nesbo. I got all the way up to book 8 before I decided this is too dark for me.
7. Abhorsen; Garth Nix. I really liked the first three books, but 4 was such a disappointment I don’t want to pick up 5.
8. The Greek Detective; Anne Zouroudi. I got through one and a bit, before deciding I wasn’t much interested.