Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
July 10: Best Books I’ve Read In 2018 (So Far) (This prompt was originally going to be a TTT throwback, but I know how much people love the bi-annual top ten books of the year and I forgot to add it to the list! Feel free to do a throwback instead if you want!)
Goodreads make this easy for me, so here it is! Alphabetical, as usual.
1. Iron & Magic; Ilona Andrews. First book in a series, but part of the same world as another series I love. Explores a not-so-good, but honorable in his own way character.
2. Persepolis Rising; James Corey. The latest book in a sweeping sci fi epic.
3. Medusa Uploaded; Emily Devenport. The first in a series about a colony ship with serious class inequities.
4. Obsidio; Amie Kaufmann & Jay Kristoff. The last in a trilogy. Rogue A.I, Killer corporations, space ships–and really fun page set up.
5. Memories of Ash; Insitar Khanani. The second in a book with one of the coolest magic and world building I’ve seen in a while.
6. Beneath the Sugar Sky; Seanan McGuire. A school for the children who went through doors to fairy tale worlds–and want to go back.
7. Renegades; Marissa Meyer. Superhero. Supervillain. A story about the lines between.
8. Tempests & Slaughter; Tamora Pierce. Another new series within a world I love, in this case, a prequel.
9. Slam! vol 1; Pamela Ribon & Veronica Fish. Roller derby and friendship.
10. Prince and the Dressmaker; Jen Wang. So cute! And beautifully illustrated.