Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
January 8: Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2019
Here’s ten books I’m hoping live up to their hype! Alphabetical by author as always.
- The Winter of the Witch; Katherine Arden. I need this book from the library already!
2. Mostly Dead Things; Kristen Arnett. A review I found promised it was “hilarious, deeply morbid, and full of heart.”
3. King of Scars; Leigh Bardugo. I just love her characters.
4. The Wicked King; Holly Black. The fair folk at a capricious and scary best.
5. The Golden Tresses of the Dead; Alan Bradley. Flavia de Luce is amazing. That is all.
6. The Kingdom of Copper; S.A. Chakraborty. Book 2 of a gorgeous story.
7. The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls; Anissa Gray. Family is weird.
8. Black Leopard, Red Wolf; Marlon James. Fantasy with shapeshifters, necromancers, and witches lurking about.
9. The Dreamers: Karen Thompson Walker. A sleeping sickness, with some significance to the dreams the sleepers are having.
10. The Bird King; G. Willow Wilson. Maps that bend reality!