Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
February 5: Upcoming Releases I’m On the Fence About (these are the books you need help deciding if they’re worth adding to your TBR or not.)
A few of these are coming out today, but were upcoming as I wrote the draft. Alphabetical as always.
- City in the Middle of the Night; Charlie Jane Anders. A hyped book that caught my eye, which may or may not live up to its reputation.
2. To Kill a Kingdom; Alexandra Christo. Does this Little Mermaid retelling live up to the hype?
3. Freshwater; Akwaeke Emezi. It sounds great, but it’s described as ‘unsettling.’ Just how much, though? I don’t need nightmares.
4. The Cerulean; Amy Ewing. It looks pretty, but the ratings aren’t great.
5. The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls; Anissa Gray. It looks good, but maybe too dark.
6. I Owe You One; Sophie Kinsella. I’ve had mixed reactions to her books.
7. Warrior of the Wild; Tricia Levenseller. Some reviews mention not great character development, so I’m concerned.
8. We Set the Dark on Fire; Tehlor Kay Mejia. Compared to the Handmaid’s Tale, and sometimes those comparisons don’t hold up. Hope this one does!
9. Polaris Rising; Jessie Mihalik. I love space opera–but only good space opera.
10. Four Dead Queens; Astrid Scholte. Another I hope lives up to its hype!