Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
August 27: Books I’ve Read That I’d Like In My Personal Library (perhaps you checked it out, borrowed it from a friend, received it for review, etc. and want to own it yourself.) (Submitted by Annemieke @ A Dance with Books)
This is a tough one, because I am a thwarted book hoarder (not enough space.) But still, here’s my list, in alphabetical order as always.
- The Girl in the Tower; Katherine Arden. Love this series.
2. Foundryside; Robert Jackson Bennett. It would look cool next to the trilogy of his I own.
3. City of Brass; S.A. Chakraborty. So pretty!
4. The Buying of Lot 37; Joseph Fink & Jeffrey Cranor. Does listening to the podcast count as reading? I say yes.
5. Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku: Fujita. I try not to buy incomplete manga series, but I want to re-read this one.
6. Robots of Gotham; Todd McAulty. I had this on another TTT, and remembered how much I liked it.
7. The Girl in the Green Silk Gown; Seanan McGuire. Honestly, I want to own most things this author has written.
8. Embassytown; China Mieville. The kind of weird you need to reread occasionally to see if you understand it better.
9. Circe; Madeline Miller. Sad and bittersweet, worth a re-read.
10. The Bookish Life of Nina Hill; Abby Waxman. Sometimes a book just gets you.