Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
October 8: Character Traits I Love/Personality Traits I Love to See In Book Characters/Things That Make Me Love a Character/etc. (submitted by Hannah @ Books Life and Other Oddities)
- Cleverness. Sharp wit makes for a fun read.
2. Determination. If the going gets tough, dig in and refuse to give up.
3. Humor. If you can’t laugh at yourself, somebody else will.
4. Improvisation. A character who can think on their feet can derail or add to the plan–either is fun.
5. Loyalty. Not ever good character has to have this, but any of them that travel in a group need to, if it’s going to work.
6. Puns. There’s such a thing as too much, but every now and then a really bad pun just makes a character.
7. Sarcasm. What can I say, I love the snark.