Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
October 29: Halloween Freebie
Top Ten Spooky Elements in Books.
1.Black Cats. Though I’d argue against cats of any color being more or less spooky, this is a common Halloween theme. And black cats are awesome.
2. Cemeteries. Fun things can happen in cemeteries–fights, revelations, magic–you name it.
3. Ghosts. I like ghosts in stories that aren’t necessarily ghost stories. Just casual ghosting about.
4. Murder. The ultimate spooky event. Plenty of stories start off with a corpse.
5. Resurrection. It can be overdone, but in the right way at the right time, a character coming back from the dead is a great twist.
6. Monsters. There’s so much variety to the things that go bump in the night.
7. Unexplained Happenings. I enjoy a good mysterious noise, or objects moving, or strange sight. I think they’re best if they’re never explained at all.