Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
March 29: 10 Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads (Or Ten Of The Best Books I’ve Read Recently if you don’t 5 star stuff…or you could do 5 of my latest five star reads & five of my most disappointing or 1 star reads)
Recent 5 Stars
1. Marked in Flesh; Anne Bishop. Part of a series. This is the book where the humans who’ve been trying to take land from the Others (vampires, shifters, elementals, etc.) reap what they’ve sown.
2. Fire Touched; Patricia Briggs. I love Mercy! Werewolves (and one shape-shifting coyote) fighting the fay monsters.
3. Lucky Penny; Annath Hirsch & Yuko Ota. A story about finding yourself, and the meaning of luck.
4. Jane Steele; Lyndsay Faye. If Jane Eyre was willing to commit a little murder to improve her life.
5. Sorcerer to the Crown; Zen Cho. The start of a fascinating world, with some high-cost magic.
Recent 2- Stars (1 stars almost never happen)
1. Gourmet Rhapsody; Muriel Barbery. I liked the characters of the first book, but this book… nope.
2. The Narrator; Michael Cisco. A ‘just couldn’t connect’ book.
3. The Eisenberg Constant; Eugene Egner. A weird short story about a time loop that I couldn’t follow.
4. The Last Days of Magic; Mark Thomkins. What can I say? Kinda depressing.
5. Consider the Lobster; David Foster Wallace. Interesting topics somehow made uninteresting by the writing.