Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
April 5: Ten Bookish People You Should Follow On Twitter/Instagram/Youtube/Snapchat/Facebook — you pick the platform of your choice to talk about all the interesting bookish people to follow! If you don’t use social media much you can pick your favorite bookish blogs or new blogs you’ve come across to follow.
I’m not so big into the many and varied social media, but here’s a few.
1. Ilona Andrews (Facebook) All sorts of early snippets, a serial series, and some funny posts from husband and wife team Ilona and Andrew.
2. Neil Gaiman (Facebook). Lots of lovely quotes, art, and writerly stuff.
3. John Green (Instagram). Selfies, inspirational stuff, book-related pictures, and the occasional very weird penalty.
4. Jim C. Hines (Goodreads). He posts mostly book-related things, and occasionally such stuff as imitating the improbable cover poses of some heroines.
5. Jenny Lawson, The Bloggess (Instagram). There’s taxidermy and a lot of cat pictures, but her books, too.
6. Seanan McGuire (Facebook). Books, book related items, and fluffy cats.
7. Haruki Murakami (Facebook). Though run by his publishers, this still has a lot of updates, quotes, and cover photos.
8. Patrick Rothfuss (Goodreads). He does a bunch of thoughtful, funny book reviews. And if you have any reason to read children’s books, he does a lot of reading with his kids.
9. Rainbow Rowell (Instagram). Book covers, selfies, book art–lots of cuteness.
10. Maggie Stiefvater (Facebook). Lots of art, most of it book related.