Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of bloggers who participate!
July 26: Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them (inspired by my post wayyy back in 2012 that I did on a TTT freebie week and have so wanting to revisit. *hides because of the hideous graphics…I was just learning*)
1. Baking. The carefully crafted sweet treats is some books make me wish baking wasn’t such a demanding science.
2. Crochet. I’ve mentioned before I don’t think I have the skill for crochet, but I do have a longing for mermaid tail blankets, cozy sweaters, and finger-less gloves.
3. Fancy Feasts. When a book has a table laden with delicious food, it makes the usual main dish and a couple of sides seem lacking.
4. Hiking. Not a quick day walk, but the serious trails that people camp along. The stories involving them are a mix of terrifying and amazing.
5. Painting. I dabble, but sometimes I see a work of art, something moving and breathtaking and think–that, I wish I could do that, too.
6. Sailing. I’ve been on a sail boat a time or two, and it’s fairly complicated (watch for the boom) but exhilarating when it works right.
7. Scrap-booking. I could probably manage this, skill-wise, but then where do the books go? I’m not sacrificing shelf space for them!
8. Speaking other languages. Years of Spanish, and I forgot nearly all of it. I really admire people who can speak several languages fluently, though.
9. Quilting. A well made quilt is a puzzle of cloth scraps, forming a lovely pattern. I don’t have any patience for puzzles, either!
10. Sewing. There are enough stores out there that you can get pretty much whatever you like, but sometimes when a character whips up an outfit I wish I wasn’t so dangerous with a needle.