Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists of other bloggers who participate!
February 14: All About Romance Tropes/Types — top ten favorite hate-to-love romances (from books or movies or tv), top ten favorite (or least favorite) insta-love romances, favorite slow-burn romances, favorite star-crossed lovers, etc. etc. Can go so many ways with this one).
Here’s my Top Ten Favorite Slow-Burn Romance Relationships. Some of these are slower than others, but none of them are insta-love.
1. Kate & Curran; Ilona Andrews. They try to kill each other a couple times, but that’s just how they roll.
2. Hope & Karl; Kelley Armstrong. No one understands a half chaos-demon better than a werewolf thief.
3. Mercy & Adam; Patricia Briggs. Mercy spends a long time teasing and running from Adam, but they end up perfect together.
4. Suze & Jesse; Meg Cabot. So, he’s dead. Every couple has problems.
5. Alexia & Conall; Gail Carriger. A supernatural creature and their natural enemy doesn’t seem like a good idea–but it turns out they’re perfect for each other.
6. Betsy & Eric; Mary Janice Davidson. At first he comes off as pretty controlling, but she comes into her own, and they balance as a couple.
7. Leila & Vlad; Jeanine Frost. Vlad is crazy, but he reins it in for Leila.
8. Harper & Tolliver; Charlaine Harris. This relationship is a slow-burn, but you can definitely see it coming.
9. Grace & Sam; Maggie Stiefvater. Grace watches a wolf, who’s watching her back…
10. Karou & Akiva; Laini Taylor. Being on the opposite sides of a war is an issue for romance, but they make it work.