Top Ten Tuesdays, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, feature lists related to all things bookish–characters, authors, titles, and favorites. They’re an excellent way to find new interesting books on a variety of topics, and to find bloggers that love the books you do.
Check out their blog for their top ten and lists by other bloggers!
September 10: Books On My TBR I’m Avoiding Reading and Why (maybe you’re scared of it, worried it won’t live up to the hype, etc.) (submitted by Caitlin @ Caitlin Althea)
Most books I haven’t read on my TBR is because I can’t stop adding new books to it, but there’s a few I’ve skipped over. Alphabetical as always.
1.The Black Jewels Trilogy; Anne Bishop. I picked this up used, started to read it, wasn’t feeling it, and haven’t started again.
2. World After; Susan Ee. The first book traumatized me, and I haven’t been brave enough for the second.
3. The Beautiful Ashes; Jeanine Frost. At first I was waiting for the next book to come out, so I didn’t have to worry about cliffhangers, then I just… haven’t picked it up.
4. The Wicked + The Divine; v. 1; Kieron Gillen. Another series I was waiting for a few to be out, and now it’s been years.
5. The Tribulations of Tompa Lee; Edward Hoornaert. I feel anxious about not liking an indie author’s work, because I have to be honest in my review, but I don’t want to tank someone’s ratings.
6. Shield of Kings; Christina Ochs. Purchased this from a blogger whose snippets I read, and haven’t even touched it, because if I don’t like it, I have no idea how to review it.
7. The Mime Order; Samantha Shannon. I loved the first book, but reviews warned this might not be as good. It needs to be good, though!
8. The Window and the Mirror; Henry Thomas. I picked this up at a book fair because I liked the author’s interview, but now I’m worrying I’ll feel bad if I don’t like the book.